Yep this past week has been pretty good, each day a little better. Monday will be 4 weeks on the Zoloft and it seems to be doing its thing. past couple days i can say no real anxiety at all, which is such a relief after a month and a half of it constantly being present. I know that the meds are not a cure but help balance everything out and there will be times that it will rise, but hopefully for real reasons. My main focus now is to keep up with the other things that are helping as well. Last year when I started doing better I soon stopped these things and got back into the habit of constantly working. Some of the things I am doing besides the meds:
- Walking almost everyday. Each evening getting out and walking for 30-60mins, I do take the ocasional day off if I have something going on that evening.
- Meditation for min of 10 mins each day. Just going to off by myself and pushing everything out of my mind and breathing.
- Eating more healthily, lots of fruits and veggis
- learning mindfulness, focusing on the now and not so much the future.
- Vitamins! B-100 Complex, D3, Fish Oil, and C
- Studio work schedule changed to Wed-Sat and not working on computer (much) after 6pm
Now this is not to say that things are rosy and perfect again but they are improving. I still feel exhausted by noon typically, hoping that it is just another side effect that will be clearing out. Also I have noticed my jaw clenching quite a bit. This was a definite side effect while I was on Lexapro so hope fully its the same and will eventually go away. I find it even more troubling when the reflux symptoms flare up and Im swallowing all the time, I clench more to swallow.
Speaking of the reflux, the symptoms have mellowed out a bit. The morning queasiness the past couple days has gone and have woken up hungry 🙂 Now just got to get eating a bit more, have lost some weight the past 2 months. Maybe the Zoloft helps the tummy as well since most of the body’s nerves and serotonin is located there.
Well have a couple busy days then going to enjoy Fathers Day! If I dont write before then I hope all you dads out there have a great one!