Goals are very important and help you move forward in life. I have found that with out setting goals that you tend to stagger through life and not always achieving what you would like. I do have my page in the menu for goals but after thinking about it those are more ‘milestones’, achievement levels I would like to see. they also depend on a lot of outside factors that are not necessarily within my control. Goals should be distinct items with set time frames and distinct steps to achieve, that way it pushes you to work towards them. The achievement levels are great but are to broad like ‘adsense make $100 in a month’. My goals should be something in my control to perhaps reach that achievement like ‘create 2 micro niche site by end of sept’. It has a time frame and its an actionable item(s) by me and it will lead towards the overall achievement of making that $100 with adsense (I hope). I will also be making daily and weekly goals that lead up to making these monthly goals.
I’m toying with changing the title of the ‘goal page’ but not sure yet but in addition to it I will start a monthly goal post to publicly show what my goals are for the month. This will hold me more accountable with my followers watching and I hope keep me on track.
So here we go…
- Add 2 micro niche sites to the portfolio
- comment on at least 5 blogs a day (making 2-3 backlinking to niche sites)
- go to 3 library book sales
- average 3 posts a week here
- at least 1 post a week at smoothie site
- get categories completely set up in mint
- get budgets set up in mint
- look into a VA for backlinking and another for content
- 2 stock purchases this month
- 15 portrait sessions
- caught up on photo orders
- Hike cowels mtn once a week (really try to get back to twice)
- Gym once a week
- Schedule Dr. appoint for blood work (and hope cholesterol is down)
- read with daughter 3 times a week
- get a pair of knee-high argyle socks (I understand this must be on everyone’s goal list)
Well thats it for now, may sneak in and add 1 or two more If I come up with them. These are all measurable tasks and goals to complete in Sept and will lead to my overall general goals and milestones that I laid out.
The imediate goal is to get me a sandwich now
Do you set goals? do you set them daily, weekly, monthly or yearly? What are your main goals for the month?